Friday, July 11, 2008

Jobs, Driver's Licenses and Campus...help!

Hi Perx! Lol, right now it feels like I'm only writing this blog to you. Did you see what I meant before, that I would be writing a blog full of complaints? So here's my week's worth of complaints.

I'm back at campus. Which is nice I guess, but there's a bit of sadness in it because it's my last 6 months...it's like the end of an era. I guess I could apply to study for another year, but that would mean that I refuse to face the real world. That's why I'm up late looking for jobs tonight...found some that I could actually do and be qualified for...now just have to apply for them.

I've been driving since I turned 18 and I still don't have a drivers license. It's not that I'm a bad driver, but it's just that the drivers test here is too strict (If you roll, even a millimeter, it's an automatic fail) and I panic so easily. Last time I tried the test, I failed within 5 minutes of starting! For me, it's so frustrating because I'm good at academics and anything I can study for, I'll pass...but something where there has to be practical expertise, I struggle with it. Even small things like the instructor being rude or flicking the windshield vipers on instead of the indicator lights by mistake puts me off and in my nervous wreck state, of course I'm going to make a mistake and fail. My next attempt is on the 30th...let's see how that goes.

Finally, campus. In one way, it's great. I only have 2 classes a week...on the other hand, I managed to choose a course where 75% of my marks comes from my ability to debate. Me and debating don't go together...although I guess this class is a chance to get over some of my shyness with public speaking. But I don't want my marks to suffer because my voice squeaks when I get nervous!

I think that's my complaining done for today, lol. I just need a week or two to sort my life out and I'll be as right as rain...

3 comments:

jas said...

Hey there!
Don't worry yaar, ur blog'll get popular soon, i was gonna put u on my blogroll, but pata nahi, itne din se room hi saaf nahi kiya, to blog ka no. kahan se aata ;)....and also, my blog is unnoticed too...
Best of luck for ur new job and for the driver's license test...
U know, thats what i hate abt india, i mean i got my driver's license all right when i was 15, and when i asked my dad that "what if i want to give the test?" he said that it would take months to never, while money would do the trick in a few days...
Cool yaar, only 2 classes, yaani plenty of time for masti ;)
Don't worry yaar, u'll be fine, just look into someone's eyes in the audience while debating and the nervousness will vanish... best of luck :)

Matthew A said...

I know this is off topic, but i used a quote of yours in my blog post about the 5 minute cakes; http://www.sunflowerman.blogspot.com/
if you're interested

ExploreJapan said...

Hi Tia, I am Mutia. Untill now i haven't complete my license yet. :( But Cause I have a temporary license so i have drive my motor car for 2.500 kms. So don't worry i think you will soon get your license.